I just realized I've been tagged by LK at The Literate Kitten for another meme. So here goes.
5 things I was doing 10 years ago
1. Finishing up my first semester of graduate school and seriously questioning what made me decide to pursue a graduate degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
2. Dating my husband who I had just met
3. Cursing the professor I was assigned to for my teaching assistantship. I should have known things were going to be bad when the more seasoned graduate students in the program referred to him as "the troll in the basement office." He wasn't a bad man, just very set in his ways and rather moody...and hard of hearing and VERY resistant to wearing his hearing aids. A normal conversation usually consisted of me screaming at him and him saying "What was that dear?" By the end of that semester I thought I would go out of my mind.
4. Holing up in my apartment and reading Cook & Campbell articles printed at a reduced size on the photocopier at the library because I didn't have enough money on my copy card to print all of the articles I had to read for class in a normal font size. To this day I am convinced that is what ruined my once perfect vision.
5. See number 1. I did indeed finish the program, got my MS degree, worked in the field for 2 years, then made a career change and went back to school for another graduate degree in a field that I love - library and information science!
5 things on my to-do list today
1. Check out the used bookstore I happened to notice when out on my lunch hour the other day
2. Return some library books
3. Check on my friend's cats on the way home from work since she is away for the week
4. Make oreo truffles when I get home for my husband and I to bring into each of our offices tomorrow
5. Get some work done on those homemade holiday gifts I committed to this year
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Sell my house and buy a different house - preferably a completely renovated antique farmhouse set on a nice big plot of land. Or a fabulous condo in Boston or New York.
2. Travel, travel, travel
3. Pay off my student loans and mortgage
4. Quit my job and open up a bookstore
5. Buy a whole new wardrobe and then of course invest any money left over :)
5 things I'll never wear again
1. Tapered jeans
2. Anything tie-dyed
3. Doc Martens
4. Oversized flannel button downs (when I think back to my college wardrobe, I cringe)
5. Anything acid-washed
5 favorite toys
2. Lincoln logs
3. My bike
5. Do Nancy Drew books count?
I'm hoping to take a vacation day Friday - I'll have lots more to post then on books I've read and movies I've seen recently. Until then...I tag the following people for this meme. And if they've already done this meme - I apologize, I am a little behind on my blog reading!
Susan at On An Even Keel
Nutmeg at Another Nutter
Heather at The Library Ladder
CoversGirl at Between the Covers
Camille at Dabbling Dilettante