Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Need a vacation

Ugh. This week at work has been brutal...no time to attend to my blog this past week. Not only am I behind on posting, but behind on my reading also. After three days of furiously programming for work, my fingers are now numb from all of the typing, I can only turn my neck in one direction (from stress and sitting in the same uncomfortable position while programming for hours on end), my head is pounding, and my eyes are a lovely shade of bloodshot.

It is also becoming more and more clear to me that I will not finish my Autumn Challenge books in time...I haven't started a single one of them. My goal is to finish one, maybe two. My pile of books to be reviewed is growing exponentially so that leaves me with little time for other reading (although I have enjoyed everything I've reviewed so far so that's a plus). In fact my first two reviews are finally posted. You can check them out here and here.

I also recently discovered The Library Hotel in NYC. I must get there some day and the rest of you will want to also once you check out their website. Looks divine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always behind, so I know how you feel! Hope things get better at work! Love the link, by the way. And I have the Meyer book on my library list and am waiting to get a copy!

Les said...

Very cool hotel! My splurge in NY City was The Peninsula, but this looks like one I must try someday.

Unknown said...

Okay, can I just move into the Library Hotel? Cause that would be pretty cool.

Take care of yourself, Kirsten!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Sorry you’re so swamped with stuff.

Neil Gaiman talked about the Library Hotel years ago on his site and it sounded like and looked like a very entertaining place.

Hope things calm down for you soon.

LK said...

Unfortunately, I feel your work pain. I'm reading light mysteries to get by...

Colleen Gleason said...

Oh, the hotel looks wonderful. Thanks for posting...I'd heard about it, but never investigated.

Nice review on Twilight. My daughter has it and I've been trying to urge her to read it (once she's finished with Princess Diaries and Scott Westerfeld.)

Anonymous said...

Ugh is right. I can relate to the feeling of being behind on everything. Hope this week is better! And, thanks for the reviews. I'll be checking those out.