Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Book reviews coming to a blog near you

It's been a busy week, hence no posts until now. Trying to take advantage of those last few days of summer weather. Kailana - here is that picture I have been promising you :) Just a small sample of what I bought at Barnes and Noble during their classics sale. I was there again yesterday, this time buying a copy of The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. I've been drooling over this one for weeks, so when I got my 46% membership discount as a promotion for the new Barnes and Noble Recommends, I finally broke down and bought my copy.

I haven't gotten very far with my Autumn Reading Challenge books, but I hope to remedy that soon. I did read a few stories from Gaskell's Gothic Tales, but that's about it. I need to get a move on though...I am now a proud reviewer for Curled Up with a Good Book and Front Street Reviews. Still waiting for my first shipment of books to arrive, but I'll be sure to add links to my reviews here once they are posted. Payment is in free books by the way, so if you are someone that doesn't mind writing up a few paragraphs on something you've just read, might want to send your samples their way. Both were quick to respond.

12 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I picked up Thirteenth Tale two days ago and I'm really enjoying it. I recommend substituting one of your R.I.P. books with this one as it is sure to qualify!

Carl V. Anderson said...

And congrats on the reviewer gig....very cool.

Kailana said...

I loved The Thirteenth Tale. It is one of my R.I.P. books. I am going to revise my list a bit this weekend because some books I have read lately, I didn't think they would apply at the time of the original list, so now I am going to put them in. :)

I hope lots of people like The Thirteenth Tale as much as I did. I have been bragging it up for a while now.

Oh, and yay for my picture! :)

Anonymous said...

I love getting those coupons!! They sent another one today that came with a credit card application (which I pitched, but kept the coupon!). I am trying not to buy too many books (trying at least), and definitely no hardcovers, but with this coupon the price was almost less than a paperback! Can't pass that up. I am looking forward to your reviews!

Kirsten said...

Carl V. - I may take your advice and replace one of my original RIP picks with The Thirteenth Tale. Otherwise it may be another month or two before I actually have the chance to read it!

Lotus Reads said...

Everyone's talking about "Thirteenth Tale". I must admit I am impressed with the marketing campaign, especially as this is a first-time author. I look forward to your review.

Amanda Roper said...

drooooollllllll..... I love pictures of books. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsten - I loved your post on my blog! You should definitely post about your experience - it was so funny :) I thought I was the only one who went through this. A support group should be set up for people like us - I cringe inside every time I think about what happened :)


Congratulations on becoming a reviewer! I will be sure to look out for them (and maybe consider becoming one myself, just so that I can get MORE books!)

Anonymous said...

BTW - I picked up The Thirteenth Tale myself and cannot wait to dive into it :)

litlove said...

Lovely books! I'd love to do some reviews (what I really mean is that I'd love some free books) but I don't expect they'd be interested in sending work to the UK. Shame! Still, look forward to reading your reviews.

Colleen Gleason said...

I bought the Thirteenth Tale today! What a gorgeous cover. I can't wait to dive in, but I have two others I have to finish first.

Kirsten said...

litlove - I do believe that Curled Up With a Good Book does actually send books overseas to reviewers. I remember reading a staff bio of someone that lived in Germany I think. So you may still want to check it out :)

And to everyone else who recently bought The Thirteenth Tale, hope you are enjoying it!